Coefficient of friction COF tester measures the static and kinetic COF of plastic films, sheets, rubber, paper and paper board, PP woven bags, fabrics, metal-plastic composite belts for communication cables, convey belts, wood, coatings, brake pads, windshield wipers, shoe materials and tires.
Coefficient of friction COF tester follows ASTM D1894 and ISO 8295 standard.
The two samples are placed together. A long strip sample is fixed on the flat surface and another squared sample is applied force by a sled. The friction force is measured when they slip against each other.
Coefficient of Friction Tester Features
1. PLC control and human machine interface
2. Real time display of test data, results and curves
3. Both the static and kinetic coefficient of friction can be measured
4. In accordance with multiple international standards
5. Test results calculation, analysis and curve superposition
6. RS232 output and professional software
7. Microprint of easy printing of test result
Coefficient of Friction Tester technical Specification
Load Cell 5/6N
Accuracy ±0.02 N
Stroke Max 150mm
Sled 200 g (Customization for other weight)
Test Speed 100mm/min (ISO), 150mm/min(ASTM)
Power AC 220V 50Hz (can be changed to local requirement)
Coefficient of Friction Tester Standards
ASTM D1894, ISO 8295, TAPPI T816, GB 10006